Monday, March 10, 2008

My conversation with Cinderella ...

Last week I had the opportunity to photograph two adorable siblings. Let me just say that typically 4 months and 2 years are difficult ages to photograph but they were wonderful!! These two have the most beautiful eyes!!

I will let you in on a little secret too, I got to talk to Cinderella. THE Cinderella lol. No seriously little miss "S" was so busy she got her phone out and I asked if I could talk too. Picture me with the Cinderella phone tucked in my shoulder/chin all while taking pictures. Worked like a charm!! She could not believe that I was talking to a princess, and gave me the most beautiful expressions.

This is just one of the reasons I LOVE to photograph on-location. We spent time in Miss "S"'s room, I just let her do her thing and waited for her to look at me. I will say she is a good little poser too!

Photographing children in their own environment is non-threatening. I remember taking Kyle, my oldest to get his pictures taken at a chain store. Oh my gosh I tried 3 TIMES!! I was sweating bullets every time. He would not smile, I would end up getting mad and sweating lol. Finally the last time my mom came and pretended to sneeze ( picture that lol) and that was the ONLY smirk I could get out of him. I was not even happy with those. I felt pressured to make a decision THAT second on weather I liked the pose or not, and if not well that was it you can never see it again!!

I am thankful that I get to provide on-location photography to moms. I know they appreciate not having to leave their homes, get everyone ready to stand in line and wait. It is such a pleasure to meet new families. Call me today for your session!!














6 comments:

Caits said...

What a sweet session. The photos are so clean and bright:)

Jayme Tighe said...

Natalie, these are amazing! Nice job. The family will LOVE them.

Ali said...

gorgeous baby natalie! love the photos!

Anonymous said...

oh Nat, these are Beautiful!!! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

These are amazing Natalie and such beautiful kids!

Kim said...

oh my! these are beautiful! I might have to start stalking your blog Nat! nicely done!